Set-Up Instructions: Netscape Communicator 4.7x
If this is the first time you are using Netscape Communicator...
- The Creating a New Profile will appear on your screen. Click Next.
- Enter your name and email address in the correct fields. Click Next.
- Enter a name for your profile. This is only for identification and will not affect the performance of your email. Leave the default information for the directory. Click Next.
- Enter smtp.tellurian.com for your outgoing mail server. Click Next.
- For the Mail server user name, enter your username. This is generally the part of your email address before the @ sign. For the incoming mail server, type pop3.tellurian.com. The mail server type should be set to POP3. Click Next.
- For the News server, enter news.tellurian.com. Click Finish.
- You are all set up to use Netscape 4.7x. Netscape will launch automatically after you click Finish.
If the Create a New Profile wizard does not launch when you open Netscape...
- While in Netscape, click Edit and choose Preferences. Click the plus sign (+) next to Mail and Newsgroups.
- Click Identity. Fill in your name and email address in the correct spaces.
- Click Mail Servers.
- Click Add. For the mail server name, enter pop3.tellurian.com. For Username, enter your username. Server Type should be set to POP3 Server. Click OK.
- For the Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server, enter smtp.tellurian.com. For Outgoing mail server username, enter your username. "Use Secure Socket Layer" should be set to Never. Click OK.
- Netscape is now set-up to send and receive your email!